Legal notice - CSIRO World Wide Websites
By visiting and using the information at this website you agree to the following.
31 October 2011 | Updated 3 January 2012
Intellectual property laws protect this site
Copyright in the material available at this site is owned by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and third parties and may only be used in the ways described in this legal notice:
- you may take temporary copies necessary to browse this site on screen
- unless otherwise stated, you may download or print a single copy of CSIRO copyright material for research or personal use
- you must not change any of the material or remove any part of any copyright notice.
Trade marks referred to on this site may be registered in some jurisdictions. Where this site refers to any trade marks not owned by CSIRO, CSIRO does not thereby represent that it has an ownership interest in, or a licence to use, any such trade marks.
Always check the information
Information at this site:
- is general information provided as part of CSIRO's statutory role in the dissemination of information relating to scientific and technical matters
- is not professional, scientific, medical, technical or expert advice
- is subject to the usual uncertainties of advanced scientific and technical research
- may not be accurate, current or complete
- is subject to change without notice
- should never be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
Links are not endorsements
Links to and frames of this site are permitted but CSIRO reserves the right to prevent linking or framing by giving notice.
Links and frames connecting this site with other sites are for convenience only and do not mean that CSIRO endorses or approves those other sites, their content or the people who run them.
Beware of security risks and computer viruses
The world wide web exists across insecure, public networks and there is a risk that:
- transmissions to or from this site may be intercepted and modified by third parties
- files obtained from or through this site may contain computer viruses or other defects.
You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
To the maximum permitted by law, CSIRO excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.