Big ideas start here
CSIRO aims to establish and build relationships with members of the community. We welcome people of all ages to come and explore our facilities, holiday programs and public events.
Phone: 1300 363 400
CSIRO, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, is Australia's national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world.
Large-scale, long-term, multidisciplinary science to address Australia's major national challenges and opportunities.
CSIRO expertise is organised into 11 research areas
CSIRO manages national facilities and collections that are opened to researchers around Australia and overseas.
Sarah Chapman awarded the Prime Minister's Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Secondary Schools (credit: Nicole Waters, Townsville High School)
Saffron Shrowder collecting samples for her Blue CREST project.
Tim Willington investigates water quality for Silver CREST Award.
CREST Online - Log on to register, access support material and to enter student project details.
Comments from teachers on how CREST is used in their schools and the benefits for their students.
- Looking for engaging ways to inspire creativity in your science and technology teaching? Try CREST.
- Introductory CREST Awards program is recommended for primary school students.
- Advanced CREST Awards program is recommended for secondary school students.
- A selection of CREST student projects and comments from teachers on how they use CREST in their classroom.
- Using CREST to support the Australian Curriculum.
- Schools need to register to take part in CREST.
- Teachers access this database to request awards, download material and update their school CREST information.
- Take the CREST Quiz! This quiz will help you uncover ideas for topics that interest you.
- Assisting teachers to engage their students in problem solving, critical thinking and real-life open-ended science and technology investigations.
2013 Pride of Australia, Young Leader medal national finalist.
Their CREST projects have taken Yaya Lu and Myles Buckley to the BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Awards finals in Melbourne, Australia to across the world to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Phoenix, Arizona. Watch this video to hear about their individual projects.
CSIRO CREST student, Viney Kumar designed a smartphone app which uses real-time data to help emergency vehicles move through traffic. Viney's CREST project was been selected as one of 15 finalists in the global Google Science Fair Competition and went onto to win the 13-14 age category.
Campbell ACT 2612
PO Box 225
Awards Manager - CREST and BHP Billiton Science & Engineering Awards
1800 626 646