We have been one of Australia’s critical nation-building organisations for nearly 90 years and we’ve done that by foreseeing and stepping up to challenges. We are determined to continue this legacy.
We have been one of Australia's critical nation-building organisations for nearly 90 years and we've done that by foreseeing and stepping up to challenges. We are determined to continue this legacy.
Throughout the 2013–14 period, we reviewed our staff wellbeing, operating arrangements and financial sustainability in response to feedback from our people and external partners and stakeholders.
As a result our CSIRO Board approved an Integrated Reform Program centred on:
- a new structure for the Organisation focusing on lines of business
- a targeted set of measures to ensure financial sustainability and a balanced budget for the next four years
- a multi-level administrative project to transform business processes
- a comprehensive staff wellbeing program.
These changes will see us enhance the way we work, improve staff wellbeing, deliver greater value to the nation, better serve our customers and partners and strengthen our sustainability and global competitiveness as one of the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
These lines of business recognise distinct contributions, ensuring a more agile, effective, efficient and easy to deal with CSIRO for our client and partners.
We're proud to be a trusted advisor to government, industry and the community and we will continue to perform this role.
Our new operating model will improve our ability to focus and deliver on the biggest challenges facing Australia and the world around us.
National Facilities and Collections
Infrastructure and biological collections managed by CSIRO for the benefit of research and industry.
- We will be the pre-eminent manager of national facilities.
- We will provide efficient, effective use of scientific infrastructure and collections to the wider community.
Nine National Research Flagships with a focus on the biggest challenges facing the nation.
- We're combining the capability of our 11 Divisions and the impact-focus of our 11 Flagships into nine National Research Flagships.
- Our Flagships will integrate capability development through to science delivery.
- Flagships will continue to be an effective vehicle for mobilising multidisciplinary capability and scientific research to address critical issues like the nexus of energy, food, land and water.
Commercial, customer-centric products and services for industry, government and the community.
- We will deliver more efficient, customer-focused services to business, government, education, research and the community.
- We will enhance Australia's position as a leader in R&D commercialisation.
- We will provide an entrepreneurial, lower cost, lower overhead service.