People are at the heart of CSIRO's ability to deliver great science and innovation to our customers.
We operate in a range of environments and must continue to be ever vigilant in protecting the wellbeing of our people, partners and the community.
CSIRO aspires to ZERO HARM. We are committed to:
- the safety, health and wellbeing of our people, partners, customers, and the environment
- embedding clear accountability for safety and environmental sustainability across the whole organisation
- nurturing a culture of safety and environmental sustainability
- complying with all relevant legislation, standards, procedures and requirements
- striving for global best practice
- ensuring continuous improvement by measuring, evaluating and reporting our performance progress against objectives and targets
- using risk management processes to identify, assess and manage risks
- consulting with our people, partners, and customers to improve the safety and sustainability of our working environments
- learning from and providing appropriate training to our people, partners and customers
- reporting, investigating, learning from and responding to work related injuries, illnesses, near misses, hazards and environmental incidents
- supporting the management of injuries and illnesses through early intervention, rehabilitation and the return to suitable employment for our people
- establishing and exceeding environmental sustainability goals.
Policy approved April 2015 by Chief Executive, Larry Marshall and the CSIRO Board
This policy is also available for print - Health, safety and environmental sustainability policy .