Our people bring the creativity, skill and enthusiasm needed to produce outstanding science.
CSIRO is committed to developing and supporting its people and fostering a work environment where innovation, collaboration and performance flourish.
Our capacity to deliver great science and innovative solutions depends on our people.
Our multidisciplinary approach and focus on science and engineering excellence and delivering results are a key strength of the organisation.
We recognise the community's expectation that CSIRO will continue to develop Australia's scientific intellectual capital and to apply that capital in the best interests of Australia.
We are committed to enhancing our culture, work environment, systems and processes to ensure we:
- Comply with all relevant people legislation, policies, procedures, agreements and other relevant requirements;
- Clearly articulate our values and our behavioural expectations, and incorporate these into our systems and practices and our interactions with government, industry and stakeholders;
- Treat our people with respect, in an equitable manner and act with integrity, honesty and openness;
- Support flexibility, inclusiveness and diversity in our workforce ensuring that our people feel valued for their unique contributions;
- Support, reward and recognise behaviour and achievement that advances science, improves organisational performance and enhances CSIRO's reputation;
- Build on the capability and excellence of our workforce through proactive recruitment and retention strategies, an emphasis on career and personal development; and
- Establish a work environment and conditions that motivate people to strive to achieve their full potential.
Consistent with CSIRO's Values Compass, all people who work at CSIRO will perform their duties with professionalism and integrity and act at all times in a manner that maintains and enhances the reputation of CSIRO.
We aspire to provide a workplace that promotes world class team performance and creativity enriched by the passion our people have towards enhancing the future of Australia.