CSIRO’s service charter describes the standards of service we aim to deliver to our customers and our commitment to ensuring that these standards are maintained.
The CSIRO service charter sets out the standards of service we aim to deliver to our customers and our commitment to ensuring that these standards are maintained.
Since 1926, CSIRO has been advancing the frontiers of science in selected fields and forming important alliances with government, industry and communities in more than 80 countries. We value our collaborations as they have enabled us to reach a much broader constituency with our science and create impact in Australia and around the world.
Other CSIRO services include training of research workers, publication of research results, and dissemination of information about science and technology.
Our customers are essential to our success. They include partners from:
- Commonwealth, state and territory governments and their agencies;
- Australian and global business, industries and research organisations; and
- The Australian and international community.
We believe that:
- Our customers and partners are essential to our success;
- Our diversity and breadth allow us to tackle complex problems and opportunities on a national and global scale; and
- Scientific innovation is an important driver of Australia’s economic growth.
CSIRO maintains relevance in our work through:
- Input from advisory committees representing the government, industry and research community; and
- Listening to the community and recognising its concerns where they relate to matters of science or our behaviour.
Our service standards
When you communicate with CSIRO, we will:
- Be courteous;
- Be willing to assist you and be responsive to your needs;
- Treat you fairly and professionally;
- Be sensitive to diversity issues; and
- Be accountable and adhere to sound business practices in accordance with relevant legislation.
2. Service delivery
When we perform services for you, we will:
- Explain our services and deliverables to you;
- Aim to exceed your expectations;
- Demonstrate technical and professional competence in providing the services; and
- Respect and maintain customer confidentiality.
3. Service evaluation
After we have completed our service delivery, we will:
- Use customer review tools such as our Client Value Survey to seek feedback from our customer base on our performance;
- Review the feedback you provide to us and consider measures to further improve our service delivery; and
- Continue to respect customer confidentiality beyond the term of our engagement.
Provide feedback to CSIRO
CSIRO greatly welcomes feedback on our performance. Should you wish to contact us in this regard, the first port of call would normally be the CSIRO officer with whom you have been dealing; alternatively senior management in the relevant Division or Business Unit.
General feedback should be forwarded to CSIRO enquiries.