CSIRO’s new Lindfield collaboration hub will create opportunities for technology companies of all sizes to innovate, access knowledge and hone their products in one location.
+61 2 9413 7522
With a focus on helping companies to develop, prototype and test hardware and devices, early stage and established companies can co-locate and access our mechanical and electronic design and prototyping facilities. Companies will also be able to interact with CSIRO scientists and develop a discourse around their projects and products.
Additionally, a technology voucher scheme will provide matched funding to enable companies to access CSIRO facilities and expertise at a reduced cost.
One of the key goals of the hub is to grow existing relationships and create new opportunities for the local community, industry, academia and research organisations to collaborate.
The hub will give businesses access to some of the brightest minds in Australia and give CSIRO the opportunity to play a pivotal role in supporting the creation of cutting edge technologies and companies in New South Wales. Our hub will address the growing need for access to targeted facilities and services for the hardware and device start-up community. Features of the hub will include:
- collaborative workspaces at CSIRO’s high-spec lab facilities at Lindfield
- access to digital and analogue electronics, prototyping, general laboratory equipment and small-scale workshop tools
- the opportunity for formal and informal interactions between CSIRO staff, National Measurement Institute staff and other tenants though events, seminars and virtual connectivity to other CSIRO sites
- telepresence access to network of hubs and clusters inside and outside of CSIRO
- a tech voucher scheme to provide matched funding to enable companies to access CSIRO facilities and expertise at reduced cost
- a pre-accelerator program focused on honing the alignment of products with an identified market need.
Growing existing relationships
The hub will allow CSIRO to support an emerging collaboration between CSIRO and Fledge Innovation Labs, a not-for-profit medical devices incubator planned to be based at CSIRO’s Lindfield site, further our engagement with existing on-site tenants, Baraja, and to expand our existing interactions with local engineering firm, Romar Engineering.
Connecting with the community
To ensure the greatest impact for the region, we will be engaging participants from metropolitan and regional NSW who would greatly benefit from CSIRO involvement, but may be located in remote areas. We will attract participation by way of a short-term co-location of people at Lindfield to conduct intensive development and testing.
The Lindfield hub will also allow CSIRO to explore opportunities with the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre and nurture existing relationships with Ku-Ring-Gai council, SADIG, RDA and the National Measurement Institute.
Interested in helping us further this research?
We seek research collaborators with complementary skills so we can work together for stronger results.