We offer a range of services to ensure slip resistance for surfaces, including testing to Australian and international standards.
Slip resistance testing services
We are actively involved in studying slip resistance, together with the associated aspects of abrasion resistance and ‘cleanability’, as a component of wider durability studies and life-cycle performance analyses.
We have developed methods to test slip resistance, including:
- our accelerated wear test, which simulates long-term wear and changes in slip resistance, taking into account the life-cycle performance of materials
- our sustainable slip resistance systems research, which provides independent analysis and solutions to complex problems.
We can also provide an analysis of slip and fall incidents, using these methods:
- A test of the floor material in accordance with applicable standards.
- Characterisation of the frictional properties of the walking surface, footwear or between adjacent walking surfaces.
- Assessment of conformity of existing floor material slip resistance, floor/stair construction or handrails with applicable codes and standards.
Our full range of services include:
- slip resistance audits of private buildings and public amenities on a periodic basis, including issues related to access for the disabled and OHS risk assessments
- testing of wet area membranes, ceramic tiles or water penetration for external facades to Australian standards
- complete tactile ground surface compliance, combining slip resistance with luminance contrast requirements
- on-site assessment of background luminance contrast to Australian standard
- evaluation of pedestrian surfaces, the effect on surfaces of maintenance products and slip resistant rectification or treatments
- risk assessments conducted to meet OHS requirements
- analysis of surface contamination and effectiveness of cleaning regimes.
Use this service
Our slip resistance services include consulting, research and development, and testing to Australian and international standards. We can test surface conformity to performance requirements including those set by building, consumer protection and occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation.
Interested in slip resistance testing or consulting for your organisation?Contact us