Applications are now closed for the ASSETS 2016-17 summer schools.
The 2016-17 summer schools will be held in Adelaide, Newcastle and Townsville on the following dates:
Townsville - 12-20 December 2016
Newcastle - 5-13 January 2017
Adelaide - 14-22 January 2017
Applications opened on 13 June 2016 and closed on 7 August 2016.
If you have any questions regarding an application that has been submitted, please contact the ASSETS team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9545 8700.
To be eligible to participate in ASSETS, you must be able to answer ‘Yes’ to the following three questions:
- Are you completing Year 10 studies in 2016?
- Do you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person?
- Does your parent/guardian support your application?
Your application will be assessed based on the three selection criteria below. Please keep them in mind when completing your application so that you can demonstrate to us how you fulfil these criteria.
- Ability in STEM subjects (STEM stands for science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
- Enthusiasm for STEM subjects (e.g. School activities, personal hobbies, career aspirations) .
- Personal skills or potential (e.g. ability to cope in new situations, persist in the face of challenge, work collaboratively and communication skills).
All applicants will be notified about the outcome of their application after all applications have been assessed.