This national award recognises and celebrates Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander STEM professionals.
The winner will serve as an Indigenous STEM Education ambassador and receive opportunities to build their career profile through media and conference speaking opportunities to the value of $20,000.
Four finalists will be chosen and promoted as positive role models for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students across the country for the duration of the Indigenous STEM Education Project.
Nominations for this award may be completed by members of the community, academics, and other STEM professionals or may be self-nominated.
To be eligible for this award the nominee must:
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- hold a tertiary qualification
- be making significant contributions to key STEM initiatives, programs and/or research
- be able to demonstrate suitability and capacity to act as a role model for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- be endorsed by two referees.