Applications opened for the 2016 Indigenous STEM Awards on Monday 12 September and closed on Sunday 16 October 2016.
The flowchart below illustrates the awards eligibility pathways. By following the flowchart, applicants or nominees can access application forms and more information about each of the awards on offer via the following links.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student STEM Achievement Awards
- STEM School, Teacher and Champion Awards
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander STEM Professional Award
The application process consists of three parts:
- An application form (Word document) to be completed by the applicant or nominator, including a privacy statement, eligibility information and personal information plus the option to respond to the selection criteria either in written format or by video response
- A supporting evidence form (Word document) to be completed by relevant referee(s), to provide comments on the applicant's suitability for the award
- An online submission form to be completed by the applicant or nominator, to provide personal information plus the facility to upload the full application form, provide a link to an application video (if relevant) and upload of up to three supporting evidence documents, such as school results, reference letters from teachers, community members, colleagues or anything else that helps support the application.
Conditions of Application
If the applicant is under 18 years of age, consent from their parent/guardian in support of their application is required, which is requested on the application form via a simple tick box. If the applicant is selected as a finalist, their parent/guardian's signature for consent will be requested at that time.
The applicant must also be willing to participate in promotional media opportunities, if they are successful in winning an award.
The application will be assessed based on specific selection criteria detailed against each award. Please keep them in mind when completing the application in order to demonstrate how the applicant fulfils these criteria.
How to apply
- Download the appropriate application form and supporting evidence form for the selected award
- Complete the application form (electronically in Microsoft Word format, but if necessary the form can be printed and completed by hand then scanned into an electronic format)
- The applicant's referee will need to complete the supporting evidence form
- Go to the online submission (apply) page (NOTE applications are now closed)
- Complete the online submission form, including details about the applicant and nominator and, if applicable, supporting video application URL
- Upload files:
- Completed application form
- Up to three supporting evidence documents
- If you are not able to lodge your application online, please contact the Indigenous STEM Awards team at email@example.com or phone (02) 4960 6200 to arrange to post your application instead.
- The applicant/nominator will receive an email to confirm your application has been received. All applicants/nominators will be notified about the outcome of the application after all applications have been assessed.