The Inquire to Discover program guides teachers through the scientific process, highlighting its effectiveness in enriching student skills in problems solving, analytical thinking and collaboration, and provides resources and techniques for implementing scientific inquiry based projects and learning in the classroom.
Inquire to Discover aims to provide the following support to registered schools:
- multiple professional development workshops, to equip teachers with a thorough understanding of scientific inquiry and how best to implement this practice in the classroom
- digital resources covering the theory, latest research and best practice, through to project ideas and examples
- on-going support via online forums and email
- access to a private online community for registered teachers to share resources and ideas
- pathways to the CSIRO student award programs, CREST and the BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Awards.
Inquire to Discover is currently being run as a pilot program for eligible schools in Victoria.
To register your interest in the pilot program or the National program (to be launched in 2017), please contact us: