The Inquire to Discover program guides teachers - via workshops and resources- through the scientific process, providing frameworks for implementing inquiry projects and learning in the classroom, for the enrichment of student inquiry, analytical thinking and collaboration skills.
CSIRO Inquire to Discover Professional Development Program
The professional development provided to teachers in the Inquire to Discover program is on-going, supporting teachers through the entire process of learning about scientific inquiry through to trialling and ultimately implementing scientific inquiry projects and learning in the classroom.
The professional development provided to registered schools includes:
- teacher professional development workshops exploring the nature of questioning, how this leads to rich scientific inquiry and highlighting techniques to implement scientific inquiry-based projects and learning in the classroom
- digital resources that complement the theory and examples covered in each workshop (download an example here)
- a curated list of additional resources and programs, designed to broaden and strengthen a teacher's toolkit for developing inquiry skills in students, through a greater understanding of scientific inquiry, teaching best practice and pathways
- access to videos of CSIRO scientists discussing their research, careers and the significance of scientific process, through to advice for students and even science jokes
- individual support for teachers via online forums, regularly updated FAQs and email support
- access to a private online community for registered teachers to share resources, ideas and access support.