The Sustainable Futures program helps teachers and their students understand the science behind sustainability. Our professional development workshops and digital resources provide primary and secondary teachers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to help them integrate the cross-curriculum priority area of sustainability into their teaching and learning programs.
Sustainable Futures teacher professional development program
Teachers registered with the Sustainable Futures program are able to access a range of professional development workshops and digital resources that:
- explore where and how sustainability is integrated in the Australian Curriculum
- describe the Sustainable Futures program, including the structured units of work and interactive activities that encourage students to learn about the science behind sustainability
- explain how real-life learning opportunities and access to the latest climate science research can increase student engagement and motivation
- encourage student collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking through design thinking and inquiry-based learning
- offer opportunities for teachers and students to interact with CSIRO research scientists
- provide teachers with access to a private online community and the ability to share resources, ideas and experiences in a supportive, informal setting.
Sign up for the Sustainable Futures program
We provide climate and sustainability teaching resources, training and activities for school levels 3–9.