Following the publication of an article on executive pay published in The Australian newspaper today we would like to clarify the following:
- CSIRO’s executive management team in 2012-13 comprised 33 members of staff including the executive team, flagship directors and chiefs of divisions.
- CSIRO’s executive management team in 2015-16 comprised 20 members of staff including the executive team and science business unit directors.
- The last general salary increase for staff on 4 July 2013 was 3.5%; the comparative increase for executive management was 2.75% on 1 July 2013. There has been no further general salary increase for executive management in 2013-14 to 2015-16.
- Over time there have been role-based, market-based remuneration adjustments for a limited number of executive management as their roles have changed as is the case for all staff.
- CSIRO’s total expense on remuneration of executive management has reduced from $11.4M in 2012/13 to $7.8M in 2015/16 – a reduction of more than 30%.
Hear our news first
Want to hear our news as it happens, and be the first to see our most exciting stories? Subscribing to our news releases and newsletters including Snapshot will give you the latest info.