PIPEASSURE™ - a repair solution for subsea pipelines
- Product Features and Benefits
- Current Research
Product Features and Benefits
PIPEASSURE™ is a composite material which consists of a fibre glass reinforcement saturated in a resin matrix.
It was designed specifically to be able to cure and adhere to steel pipelines underwater in extreme marine environments.
It was developed after a vigorous and comprehensive three year research program, involving formulating and testing new resins and composites to meet the requirements for a practical material suitable for application to sub-sea pipelines.
The material is comprised of an epoxy-based resin system impregnated into a glass fabric, which is then cured to form a fibre reinforced composite (FRP).
This FRP material has demonstrated optimal adhesion to submersed steel substrates and the ability to be prepared and cured in sea water at a range of temperatures.
PIPEASSURE™ will enable oil and gas companies to restore damaged pipelines quickly, safely and with minimal operation downtime
The Benefits and Capabilities
The innovative PIPEASSURE™ technology will enable oil and gas companies to restore damaged pipelines efficiently, cost-effectively and with minimal production downtime because it:
- bonds effectively to steel structures, even in a wet environment
- is highly durable under prolonged exposure to hydrocarbons and high temperatures
- eliminates the need for underwater welding, increasing the safety and convenience of pipeline repair
- has a high glass transition temperature (thermal softening point)
- is flexible and lightweight, allowing for application to structures of various shapes and sizes; and
- delivers a potential reduction of organic pollutants in the marine environment as a result of improved pipeline repair and maintenance methods.