Dr Glenn Harrington, Stream Leader, Groundwater Assessment and Prediction.
Dr Glenn Harrington: Researching groundwater for future generations
Dr Glenn Harrington’s primary research areas include groundwater-surface water interactions, and groundwater flow and solute transport in aquitards.
3 September 2009 | Updated 9 May 2013
Dr Glenn Harrington is a Principal Research Scientist with CSIRO Land and Water's Groundwater Hydrology research program where he leads the Groundwater Systems Analysis team.
He also leads the Groundwater Assessment and Prediction stream for CSIRO's Water for a Healthy Country Flagship.
Dr Harrington's research topics of special interest include:
Dr Harrington has more than 17 years' professional experience in the groundwater industry.
Prior to joining CSIRO in May 2008 he held a number of positions including:
- Research Scientist, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia, 1996–99
- Senior Hydrogeologist, South Australian Department of Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation, 2000–04
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, 2004–05
- Manager, Groundwater Resource Assessment South East, South Australian Department of Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation, 2005–07
- Principal Hydrogeologist, Resource and Environmental Management Pty Ltd, Adelaide, Australia, 2007–08.
Dr Harrington has been awarded a:
Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) from Flinders University, South Australia in 1996
Doctor of Philosophy also from Flinders University in 2000.
Dr Harrington is the author of:
12 journal articles (seven as first author)
more than 40 client/technical reports
four book chapters
more than 40 conference papers.
Dr Harrington is a member of the International Association of Hydrogeologists.
Find out more about CSIRO Land and Water and the Water for a Healthy Country Flagship.