Urban Water Systems Engineering
Skills and expertise
The program has 33 scientists and research projects staff and 10 students in the disciplines of civil, chemical, environmental and software engineering, mathematics, computing, chemistry, materials science, microbiology and agricultural science.
Our staff have well developed expertise in:
- materials deterioration and lifetime prediction
- asset management modelling and transition
- urban water systems modelling and planning
- sensor development, deployment, data acquisition and modelling
- water chemistry, treatment and conservation.
The ability to bring together expertise covering these issues allows the program to research urban water solutions in a holistic systems-based manner, developing frameworks, methodologies, technologies and new tools based on a fundamental understanding of the processes and science required. This enables industry to manage the risk and resilience of their systems in a sustainable manner and provides a complete solution.