Investigating Biochar: from Source to Sink
This research is being funded by the Australian Government and grain growers through the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry's Climate Change Research Program and the Grains Research & Development Corporation.
Some of Australia's leading researchers in biochar, bioenergy, soil science, emissions management and life-cycle assessment are involved in this collaborative biochar research.
Organisations participating with CSIRO include:
- The University of Western Australia
- Western Australian Department of Agriculture and Food
- NSW Department of Industry and Investment
- University of Sydney
- University of New England
- University of Adelaide
- Pacific Pyrolysis
- University of Newcastle
- University of NSW
- South Australian No-till Farmers Association.