CSIRO aims to establish and build relationships with members of the community. We welcome people of all ages to come and explore our facilities, holiday programs and public events.
Phone: 1300 363 400
CSIRO, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, is Australia's national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world.
Large-scale, long-term, multidisciplinary science to address Australia's major national challenges and opportunities.
CSIRO expertise is organised into 14 research areas
CSIRO manages national facilities and collections that are opened to researchers around Australia and overseas.
CSIRO demonstrates the first step in its rural wireless broadband system: six users can upload at 12 Mbps – each.
Australia's largest integrated intelligent wireless sensor network is monitoring Brisbane's drinking water.
An inexpensive automated system making electricity use by small consumers as efficient and cost-effective as it is for big industry.
Computerised enhancement and analysis of 3D PET and MRI scans shows promise as an early diagnostic tool.
- CSIRO’s information and communication technologies and mathematical and statistical services are providing the information about complex natural systems needed to better manage our environment.
- CSIRO's futuristic hardware and software innovations are powering the push to use energy more efficiently and draw it from sustainable sources.
- CSIRO is using information and communication technologies to build a sustainable health care system for Australia and meet the challenges of an aging population.
- CSIRO is developing technologies to connect people and machines with high speed broadband and enable them to access the wireless internet anytime, anywhere.
- CSIRO technologies are helping Australians prepare for, detect, respond to and recover from natural disasters and emergency situations.
- CSIRO research is helping to revitalise Australia’s cities through the generation of new technologies that reduce the ecological footprint of urban environments.
1300 363 400
61 3 9545 2176