Professional Development for CarbonKids registered schools
Registered CarbonKids schools receive training to assist in implementing the program as a whole school or faculty. CarbonKids Climate Science Workshops are only available tp registered CarbonKids schools.
24 March 2011 | Updated 29 October 2012
CarbonKids Professional Development Program
The professional development offered includes a face-to-face introductory staff meeting.
At the school level, registered schools are supported to:
- gain an understanding of the CarbonKids program, its resources and how it is linked with the Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative (AuSSI) and Australian Curriculum in Science and Geography
- plan how to integrate teaching and learning about climate change into their program
- measure and manage their schools greenhouse gas emissions
- increase sequestration activity in the school grounds, and
- educate their local community about what it can do to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
CarbonKids Climate Science Workshops
- involve SCIRO Scientists and a Bayer representative in presentations about climate science to school students, teachers and community members
- provide structured professional development for participants
- provide participants with opportunities to share ideas, experiences and expertise in an informal setting
- provide student gates with opportunities to develop leadership, presentation and communication skills
- provide student delegates with experience in CSIRO Education Centre hands-on activities.