Energy, Forces and Motion Show (New South Wales)
Information for teachers about the Energy, Forces and Motion Show for students in Years 7 - 10, including booking details.
1 February 2011 | Updated 5 December 2012
This show explores matter, energy and how they interact. Through fun demonstrations and discussion, students can:
- investigate magnetic braking and Lenz's Law
- visualise magnetic fields with ferrofluids and nanoparticles
- examine electric fields, electrostatics and plasmas
- explore properties of sound including standing waves, harmonics and resonance
- experience angular momentum and gyroscopes
- experience different forms of electromagnetic energy including lasers and infrared
- use persistence of vision and find out how a stroboscope can help to freeze motion.
- learn about Bernoulli’s Principle, air resistance, and fast moving air.
This show is appropriate for Years 7 - 10.
Maximum of 60 students per session.
Session run time is 60 minutes.
A$5.50 per student, A$225 class minimum.
A minimum daily cost of A$450 applies for in-school visits, but not at the North Ryde centre.
We require a room with a table at the front, access to a power point and space for 60 students to sit comfortably.
Please allow for a set up time of 40 minutes and a pack up time of 40 minutes.
Find out about other programs run by CSIRO’s Science Education Centre (New South Wales).