The Internet of Things (IoT) is a disruptive technology that is boosting productivity and efficiency for our industries, economy and government, as well as improving environmental sustainability.
Transforming the way we collect and link data
The Internet of Things (IoT) connects networks of sensors, actuators and smart objects with physical 'things' (including everyday and industrial objects) in such a way as to make them intelligent, programmable and more capable of interacting with humans and each other.
We're developing IoT platforms, tools and technologies to collect, discover, process, validate, reuse, share, connect and repurpose sensor and observation data from a variety of research and commercial applications.
Introducing our IoT platforms, tools and technologies
We are developing advanced software platforms, tools and technologies that are consistent, holistic, unified, flexible, adaptable, interoperable, scalable and multipurpose. These will enable and support collection, processing, discovery, validation and sharing of sensor data from and for a variety of research and commercial applications.
Our objectives are to:
- Research, develop, validate and provide an open source software middleware framework enabling a federated sensor network as the infrastructure for dynamic, flexible, self-organising formulation of self-managing cloud environments for Internet of Things applications and services.
- Develop a sensing-as-a-Service (SeaaS) platform that can deliver sensor data, process, validate and visualise the results. SeaaS can be used, reused, self-configured and repurposed for multiple and diverse applications.
- Support multiple domain-specific applications and enable significant uptake of IoT by researchers, partners and customers.
- Develop an integrated set of components, interfaces, tools and services that can be used by a variety of research and commercial applications.
- Enable and support a test-bed for showcasing IoT technologies to Australian industry, government and community.
- Enable a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) paradigm through an integrated system where domain users drive app development by specifying the data, the workflow, data processing requirements, application logic, constraints and the multi-modal output representation.
Do business with us to help your organisation thrive
We partner with small and large companies, government and industry in Australia and around the world.