The AAHL Fish Diseases Laboratory provides diagnostic services for exotic and emerging diseases, export certification testing and health surveillance. These are available for finfish, molluscs and crustaceans.
The AAHL Fish Diseases Laboratory (AFDL) specialises in the diagnosis of diseases of aquatic animals (finfish, molluscs and crustaceans) with an emphasis on exotic (foreign) and newly emerging diseases.
Our diagnostic and testing roles include disease diagnosis and the identification of infectious agents (pathogens), development of diagnostic tests for exotic and emerging diseases and export certification testing and health surveillance.
Our services include:
- piscine cell culture
- virus isolation and identification
- confirmation of bacterial pathogen identification
- mollusc pathogen identification
- histopathology (including immunohistochemistry)
- electron microscopy (including immuno-electron microscopy)
- microbiologically secure aquarium facilities.
The AFDL is accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities, the United States government for export certification testing and the United Kingdom government for export certification testing.
Use this service
- Details of tests available including price lists and submission forms are available from our Laboratory Services portal.
- Once registered with the portal you can develop customised submission forms and access a range of other services.
AAHL Laboratory Services
- + 61 3 5227 5414
Australian Animal Health Laboratory
5 Portarlington Road ,
East Geelong Vic 3220