We can provide the venue and catering, and a fabulous location, to make your next event memorable. Our rooms are suitable for 30 to 60 people.
The Bowen room
Named after Edward 'Taffy' Bowen, the driving force behind construction of 'The Dish', the Bowen Room is used to showcase exhibitions at the Parkes Observatory Visitors Centre. It is available for hire and is suitable for smaller meetings and conferences.
Features of the Bowen room:
- Capacity: 30 adults
- Available: 7 days
- Equipment included: data projector, audio, internet, lectern, tables and chairs
- Cost during business hours: $150/half day, $300/full day
- Cost after 4pm: $150 for the first hour, $50 per hour after that (25% surcharge on weekends).
The 3D theatre located is suitable for larger groups looking for a presentation room. There is also the option to view a selection of 3D movies, at a discounted additional price. As the 3D theatre is operated for the public continuously during the day, the theatre is only available for hire after hours.
Features of the 3D theatre:
- Capacity: 60 adults
- Available: 7 days, after 4pm only
- Equipment included: data projector, audio, internet, lectern, seating
- Cost after 4pm: $200 for the first hour, $50 per hour after that (25% surcharge on weekends)
- Cost for 3D movies: Additional $3 per person (30 minutes' duration).
Catering at Parkes Observatory
Order in advance so the award-winning Dish Café can prepare a catering package to suit your group's needs. Contact the Dish Café directly on phone +61 2 6862 1566, or visit the Dish Cafe website .