The Canberra Space Centre is open to the public 7 days a week.
- 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm (including during school and public holidays)
- Closed Christmas Day
See map and directions to the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex.
Getting to the centre
Travel to the Canberra Space Centre at the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex takes about 40-45 minutes from the centre of Canberra city along Tourist Drive 5.
When planning a visit, please note:
- Mobile phone coverage in the area is limited
- General first aid assistance can be provided by staff but ambulance services would take up to 45 minutes to reach the complex
- The nearest petrol station is 25 km from the complex; fuel is not available at the complex
- Roads wind through bush and farmland so animals (kangaroos, emus, wombats, sheep and cows) do move across roads without warning at any time of day. While roads in the area are sealed, rough surfaces can be encountered, so please drive carefully.
- Free admission to the centre
Help us listen to whispers from space
The 'noise' created by our modern gadgets can overwhelm the weak signals from space our telescopes are trying to detect. You can help us listen to whispers from space by switching your phone to airplane/flight mode, and turning off other WiFi and Bluetooth-enabled devices before you arrive. We welcome photography and digital video when you visit, however, please ensure that your device is in airplane/flight mode.