Through our Rapid Automated and Materials Processing (RAMP) Centre we apply our expertise in formulation, nanoparticles, catalysis, biomaterials, chemical synthesis and polymer science.
Advanced drug delivery formulation
Automated screening tools have been created for the development of advanced drug formulations. Using high-throughput protocols we've developed, libraries of lipid-based drug delivery vehicles can be custom-designed, prepared and characterised. Advanced drug delivery systems, including stable nanoparticles, can be tuned to address the desired characteristics of a wide range of drugs including generics and biomolecules.
Applicable to a wide range of drug types and drug loadings, some of the advantages of high-throughput drug delivery system screening include:
- rapid optimisation of ideal formulation
- high-throughput accelerated stability assays
- rapid physical characterisation
- preparation in 96/384 well plate format: compatible with in-vitro assays and standard laboratory equipment.
We have expertise in preparing medium-sized volumes of a range of formulations and in the development of advanced formulations that can include imaging systems, controlled release, extended circulation and active targeting.
High throughput catalysis
We recently established a high-throughput catalyst development facility based at the Clayton site.
The goal of this facility is to decrease the time required to synthesise advanced catalytic materials, by rapidly optimising chemical formulations and processing conditions. We achieve this goal by undertaking projects that seek to increase our understanding of the underlying physical and chemical mechanisms of catalysis, and projects which are ideally suited to make use of our instrumental capabilities.
The goal of this facility is to decrease the time required to synthesise advanced catalytic materials, by rapidly optimising chemical formulations and processing conditions.
A high-throughput workflow is employed in all research undertaken within the facility in order to obtain the most useful information from the least amount of experimentation. We achieve this through:
- intelligent experimental design
- robotic-assisted synthesis platforms
- high-throughput catalyst performance evaluation
- rapid characterisation (rapid PXRD and LIBS metal analysis)
- data storage and mining (informatics)
Using these techniques, we gain a thorough understanding of structure-property relationships, leading to the development of significantly improved catalysts.
We are undertaking research projects in the development high surface area mesoporous materials and nanomaterials as catalytic platforms to reduce the operating conditions of energy intensive gas phase transformations.
Why use a high throughput approach?
This approach provides many advantages and opportunities, for example:
- automate repetitive tasks
- make a materials discovery
- optimise properties of a material
- optimise operating conditions
- increase understanding of differences in a family of materials
- Gain time and cost efficiencies (48 tests simultaneously, 10-200uL catalyst volume).
Can I access the technology?
Our services are available to collaborators and industry partners worldwide, including:
- catalyst and catalyst library preparation and fabrication
- catalyst testing for heterogeneous applications
- homogenous catalyst testing for applications.
Interested in this solution for your organisation?
We offer services and contract-based research to clients in business, industry and government.