Complex systems science is one of the fastest growing fields of science worldwide.
CSIRO Complex Systems Science
The CSIRO Complex Systems Science team supports a network of scientists who research complex systems, by providing opportunities for collaboration, sharing of ideas and capacity building.
18 April 2011 | Updated 18 March 2013
In this article
- About CSIRO Complex Systems Science
- Communities of practice
- Meet our staff
About CSIRO Complex Systems Science
CSIRO Complex Systems Science facilitates the development and use of techniques that will expand our knowledge and understanding of Complex Systems and help society make better informed planning and management decisions.
CSIRO offers a unique scientific environment, encouraging cross-disciplinary interaction that is essential for addressing complex problems in science, business and industry.
Complex systems science (CSS) is one of the fastest growing fields of science worldwide.
The CSIRO CSS team provides:
- a contact point for researchers from universities, government departments, business and industry to access CSIRO researchers in Complex Systems Science (CSS)
- hosts an annual workshop on CSS
- provides opportunities for scientists to share knowledge, form collaborations and initiate new projects
- conducts programs to educate established and novice Complex Systems Scientists
- funds students and early career scientists who work on problems in CSS
- coordinates meetings and workshops that focus on key questions in CSS
- coordinates meetings and workshops that focus on analytical techniques such as Agent Based Modelling, Network Theory, Cellular Automata and Dynamical Systems
- disseminates information on funding, conferences and meetings to a network of Complex Systems Scientists.