Water for a Healthy Country Flagship
Flagship Advisory Council
The Water for a Healthy Country Flagship is guided by a Flagship Advisory Council which provides strategic advice to assist CSIRO achieve tangible outcomes through:
- focusing the research and development effort within the Flagship on those areas that are key to achieving the goal
- establishing effective partnerships between research and water management sectors; and
- delivering innovative, world-class science that can be used in community and policy decisions.
The Flagship Advisory Council also advises the Flagship Director on strategic directions and management of the R&D (research and development) agenda for the Water for a Healthy Country Flagship with particular emphasis on:
- what research will be required to support decision makers at a range of scales to achieve a quantum change in water benefits
- issues requiring new approaches
- the policy and management environment into which the R&D is directed, thereby maximising progress towards achievement of the Flagship's goal
- the opportunities to build and maintain effective partnerships
- evaluation of the degree of uptake by decision makers at a range of scales and a peer review of the contribution of the Flagship to increased benefits from water in Australia in 2007 and 2011.