CSIRO vacation scholarship student Bryan Huang has built an autonomous doughnut-shaped blimp that can guide people from reception to rooms in CSIRO’s QCAT building in Brisbane.
Summer scholarships for students of information and communication technologies
Spend the summer working on your own project at CSIRO's ICT Centre.
7 September 2011 | Updated 30 July 2012
Undergraduate vacation scholarships are available every summer at CSIRO's ICT Centre.
Get hands-on experience working on real-world problems under the supervision of a research scientist or engineer.
CSIRO's ICT Centre delivers leading-edge information and communication technology (ICT) solutions for industry and society.
Our research is based in five laboratories:
- Wireless and Networking Technologies
- Information Engineering
- Autonomous Systems
- Australian e-Health Research Centre
- Intelligent Sensing and Systems
Find out more about the ICT Centre.
Read more technical details of our work at ICT Centre.
The scholarships run from 26 November 2012 to 15 February 2013.
During your time with us, you'll get the opportunity to:
- work in exciting areas of cutting-edge ICT research
- gain hands-on research experience
- access CSIRO's state of the art facilities and equipment
- work alongside internationally recognised research scientists and engineers
- learn how to present your work
- participate in a conference with CSIRO scientists and vacation students from other parts of CSIRO.
Students are paid a stipend of A$1413.23 per fortnight.
Summer vacation scholarships are open to Australian students enrolled at an Australian university who have completed at least three years of undergraduate study and have a credit average or higher.
Travel and accommodation
Students who secure a scholarship in a state other than where they live will have basic travel costs between capital cities covered (for example, a student living in Melbourne might receive the cheapest available airfare to Sydney).
How to apply
To see a full list of the projects per lab and to apply, see job numbers:
- Intelligent Sensing and Systems - TAS12/02168
- Information Engineering – N12/02165
- Wireless and Networking Technologies - NSW12/02164
- Autonomous Systems - Q12/02162
- AeHRC: Q12/02163
at CSIRO Careers - Positions Vacant.
Applications for positions at CSIRO's ICT Centre are open until 2 September 2012.
Find out what students around CSIRO got up to last year in What I did on my holidays.