Missions will reach beyond what is possible today – due to their scale, ambition and collaborative nature mission proposals will take time to co-develop with partners in Australia (and in many cases globally).
Co-creation opportunities will be explored to help Australia achieve these outcomes:
- Increase our resilience and preparedness against pandemics
- Mitigate the impact of disasters: drought, bushfires and floods
- Create a hydrogen industry to generate a new clean energy export industry
- Accelerate the transition to agile manufacturing for higher revenue and sovereign supply
- Overcome our growing resistance to antibiotics, so they keep saving lives
- Create a national climate capability to navigate climate change uncertainty
- Help our farmers overcome drought, mitigate climate impacts, increase yield and profitability, create a sustainable future protein industry and leverage the world’s love of Australian-grown food to collectively drive our trusted agriculture and food exports to $100 billion
- Use technology to navigate Australia’s transition to net zero emissions, without derailing our economy
- Safeguard the health of our waterways by monitoring the quality of our water resources from space
- Create new industries that transform raw mineral commodities into unique higher-value products like critical energy metals that build Australia’s value added offering, jobs, and sovereign supply
- End plastic waste by reinventing the way plastic is made, processed and recycled
- Double the number of SMEs utilising Australian R&D to become a collaboration nation.