Bring Bebras to life with CSIRO's STEM Professionals in Schools Program
We're offering a limited number of Bebras Coordinators the opportunity to partner with a computer science or digital technologies professional. Take Bebras a step further with an industry partnership facilitated by CSIRO's STEM Professionals in Schools Program.
Through your partnership, showcase to students how concepts covered in the Bebras Challenge are applied in the real world. Get students excited about technology-based careers by getting to know a real-life STEM professional!
We match Bebras Teachers with Digital Technologies STEM Professionals
CSIRO's STEM Professionals in Schools is Australia’s leading volunteer science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education program. The program matches STEM professionals with teachers to bring real-world STEM experiences into the classroom and inspire the next generation. Learn more about the program.
The program aims to connect passionate Bebras teachers with STEM professionals who have a background in digital technologies or computer science. These partnerships aim to inspire students and demonstrate the practical application of Bebras concepts in everyday workplaces. By showcasing the diverse range of skills needed in modern jobs, including the use of workplace technology beyond programming and software development, we aim to bridge the gap between these skills and real-world scenarios for teachers.
The Bebras computational thinking challenge plays a crucial role in developing the essential skills that students will need to effectively utilize digital technologies in the workplace of tomorrow. In the Challenge, students learn and practice the six Bebras computational thinking and computer science concepts in a fun, interactive environment.
Visit our page for more information about the Bebras Challenge.
What can a Bebras Partnership look like?
Each partnership is unique and flexible, as activities and time commitments are negotiated between the teacher and STEM Professional. All partnerships are supported by a dedicated Project Officer and provided with Bebras Learning Resources to help get you started in your partnership.
Teachers can collaborate with their STEM Professional in a number of ways, to:
- showcase the link between classroom concepts and the workplace
- create presentations on specialised topics of interest or current research
- facilitate hands-on activities using our Bebras Learning Resources
- host a career talk and answer student questions about digital technology pathways.
What are the Benefits?
- Broaden your professional network and keep abreast of current practices/research in industry.
- Increase classroom engagement in the Digital Technologies Curriculum.
- Provide authentic, real-world examples of future career options.
- Help students engage with and feel passionate about technology-based careers.
- Fun and exciting opportunity to inspire students into STEM pathways.
- Showcase the importance of your work and industry.
- Collaborate with Australia’s leading scientific organisation to help develop our future STEM talent.
- Be supported by CSIRO to develop your education engagement skills.