About the placement
See what your career in the agricultural industry could be. This Industry Partner, will incorporate your own interests to help you improve your skills. You will gain valuable experience working for an agribusiness that provides a diverse set of services to a large client base. You will work with the broad acre dryland, irrigation, horticulture, or livestock teams. Under the direction of experienced agronomists, horticulturalists, or animal health staff, you will assist them to:
- Carry out soil and/or tissue tests.
- Assist with in store grower customer service support.
- Identify weeds, pests and diseases in a variety of crops.
- Become familiar with product labels and permits.
- Support preparation of farm plans.
- Crop scouting.
- GPS mapping.
- Assist with farm planning.
- Assist with product recommendations.
- Provide administrative support.
- When: Summer placements available, start date is negotiable but can begin as early as October.
- What: Full Time or Part time for 200-400 hours on a fixed term contract.
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with the Industry Partner.
- Location: Yenda, NSW
- The successful applicant should be in the later stages of their agriculture or horticulture degrees, or other relevant course, and have data processing and analysis capabilities.
- Should able to drive a manual vehicle and readily use PPE in hot or cold outdoor conditions.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI online through out Student EOI webform.
About the Industry Partner
An agricultural business that supplies agricultural inputs and on-farm agronomy, horticultural and animal health advice. They have a customer base of around 2,000 members and are involved in a variety of farming businesses. The business undertakes trials, research and development to understand new products and services and innovate their existing services.
Field staff spend time on farm, gathering information and assessing conditions to recommend the most appropriate action for the client producers.