About the placement
You will gain laboratory experience and have the opportunity to design your own research project while working for an Industry Partner which provides agricultural, geotechnical and environmental sample testing and assessment services.
You will work with the Industry Partner to design a project that involves soil, water, plant or grain sampling and testing, which will include an in-kind contribution value or $2,000. Testing for the research project will occur within the Industry Partner's laboratory, and the research design will need to incorporate the available testing facilities. Throughout the placement, you will work with experienced and knowledgeable scientists and complete a report and presentation on your investigation. As well as designing and completing the above project, you are very welcome to participate and gain experience in the routine sampling, analysis and client consultation carried out as part of the core business.
- Remuneration: $25 per hour, temporary contract
- When: Multiple placements are available from August 2022 and into 2023. Indicate your preferred start dates in your EOI.
- Length: 200hours full time or part time. Details will be discussed with the Industry Partner on confirmation.
- Location: Tamworth, NSW
- Data processing
- Database management
- Laboratory Skills
- Field sampling and testing
- Scientific report writing (such as environmental report writing or agronomic assessments).
- Please note that the lab is dusty due to soil testing if strong allergies or health condition with Asthma the placement might not be appropriate. Soil samples can be heavy (1-10kg) so if there are any weight lifting restrictions that would need to be considered.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI online through out Student EOI webform.
About the Industry Partner
The Industry Partner is a testing laboratory located in Tamworth, NSW. The company provides a wide range of Geotechnical, Agricultural and Environmental services by ensuring reliable sampling, accurate analyses and producing reports that the client can understand and trust. The company is accredited with the National Association Testing Authority (NATA) who has rigorous guidelines in place to ensure our customers can have confidence in our results.