About the placement
You will work with an experienced production team to assemble and test custom designed equipment, primarily in electronics and circuitry. You will gain valuable hands-on skills as you assemble electronic products, and gain insight into the manufacturing process and the diverse jobs that are vital to the industry.
This placement will offer the opportunity to learn new skills and for the right candidate it has the potential to become a permanent position.
- Start date: Immediately
- Working arrangement: Full time or Part time 3 days/ week. Possibility for ongoing employment.
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with the Industry Partner, Nautitech®.
- Location: Castle Hill, NSW
- Interest in electronic product assembly.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Competency with general hand tools including hammers, pliers, and screw drivers.
- Willingness to carry out routine and repetitive tasks.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- HSE consideration: you will be tasked with completing repetitive tasks.
- Must be completing an undergraduate or equivalent qualification in a STEM field.
About the industry partner
Nautitech® is a global provider of smart electronic and electrical solutions for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and mine sites in the underground mining industry. The Australian company designs and manufactures equipment that delivers Communications and Visibility, supports Automation, and provides a platform for Asset and Condition Monitoring of underground equipment. Nautitech's primary goal is to harness technology to keep miners safe by simplifying the complexities of underground mining. By collaborating with leading mining companies Nautitech® develops and adapts existing technology to manufacture hazardous area equipment that complies with strict international standards and meets the changing needs of the industry.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE0013c.