About the placement
You will be working to improve upon the Industry Partner's current design of a Class Two bio safety cabinet. Firstly, you will determine how a Sash Window design can be incorporated into the current product. Secondly, you will research and identify how the product design needs to be adapted to meet EN14269 safety standards, to enable this product to enter the European market export.
- Start date: Late August or September
- Part time: According to student availability
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with the Industry Partner.
- Hands-on prototyping skills
- Capability to perform market validation on the design
- Ability to understand evolving design trends
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques
- Ability to design within cost restraints
- Sound understanding of achieving compliance towards an acceptable performance level
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate degree.
About the Industry Partner
The Industry Partner has manufacturing capabilities in both its main headquarters and in local branches across Australia. The advantage of this local manufacture is fast lead times and flexibility to make non-standard products as required. The warehousing operations in each branch maintain stock of the high-demand filter products such as standard-size panel filters, replacement filter bags and standard HEPA filters. These 'ex-stock' inventories in each branch are based around the filtration needs of the local area. The high-efficiency filters, filter modules and large filtration units are manufactured in the Head Office factory in Sydney NSW. All design, engineering and manufacturing functions of the Industry Partner operate to a standard set of operating procedures and quality-assurance policy that is centrally managed and regularly audited.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student EOI webform and please specify CODE0015a.