About the placement
Using a practical, hands-on approach you will be involved in the design and development of equipment that will assess the quality of manufactured HEPA filters. Firstly, you will work with the manufacturing team to bring a Sodium Flame Rig online and incorporate it into the factory setting and processes. Secondly, you will work with the manufacturing team to incorporate a Cold COP Rig into the current factory setting and determine how to improve current procedures and processes.
- Start date: September, 2022.
- Part Time for 6 to 9 months. The specific details of this can be discussed with the Industry Partner.
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with the Industry Partner.
- Location: Minto, NSW.
- Experience in electronics and/or mechatronics.
- An interest in product design, development, and testing.
- Interest in quality assurance and procedural documentation.
- An interest in the processes for achieving product certification.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
About the Industry Partner
The Industry Partner has manufacturing capabilities in both its main headquarters and in local branches across Australia. The advantage of this local manufacture is fast lead times and flexibility to make non-standard products as required. The warehousing operations in each branch maintain stock of the high-demand filter products such as standard-size panel filters, replacement filter bags and standard HEPA filters. These 'ex-stock' inventories in each branch are based around the filtration needs of the local area. The high-efficiency filters, filter modules and large filtration units are manufactured in the Head Office factory in Sydney NSW. All design, engineering & manufacturing functions of the Industry Partner operate to a standard set of operating procedures and quality-assurance policy that is centrally managed and regularly audited.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student EOI webform and please specify CODE0015b.