About the placement
You will assist in the exploration of emerging global technology trends with a focus on those which may enable the efficient, safe, and sustainable operation of an airport of the future. Utilising your knowledge of technology and data analysis skills, you will work with an experienced team of engineers to research emerging technologies that could revolutionise the airport industry.
- Start date: Late September/October
- Part time: 1-2 days/week
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a part-time contract with the Industry Partner.
- Aptitude and/or interest in emerging technology
- General understanding of technology devices/applications (e.g. computers, servers, cloud, SaaS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Power Bi or similar data & analytics tools
- Data acquisition, processing & reporting (API integrations, data transform, dashboards)
- Leveraging data to identify trends using AI/ML (could include python or similar coding skills)
- Experience with electronics and/ or robotics development and programming
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
- Must agree with the company to assign Intellectual Property.
About the industry partner
Come and join the Western Sydney Airport team delivering Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport, the lynchpin of the extraordinary transformation currently underway to develop Sydney's third city and Aerotropolis.
One of the largest infrastructure projects underway in Australia, Western Sydney International will open to international, domestic and air cargo services in late 2026 and will eventually grow to be one of Australia's biggest gateways to the world.
We are building WSI for our future generations. It is today's students that will become the travellers, operators, and partners of this thriving airport community in the years to come. Partnering with these students today aims to ensure we are building an environment that aligns with their values and needs, while helping them thrive in their future careers.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student application webform and please specify CODE0018a