About the placement
You will use your skills in data analysis to help develop programs that will have a meaningful impact to Western Sydney Airport and local community growth.
Working with an experienced team you will analyse complex data sets and communicate your findings to inform the developing programs that will leverage Western Sydney Airport's public profile as well as support the strategic direction for community engagement across Western Sydney. You will be a catalyst that will drive the long-term, sustainable socio-economic uplift in communities across Western Sydney by building a sustainable airport that will drive job creation, business opportunities and investment in the region.
- Start date: Late October/November
- Part time: 1-2 days/week
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a part-time contract with the Industry Partner.
- Data capture and extraction
- Data cleaning
- Identify data generation sources, systems, and stakeholder
- Data visualisations and analytics
- An interest in community engagement and social impact
- Proficient across Microsoft Office
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
- Must agree with the company to assign Intellectual Property.
About the industry partner
Come and join the Western Sydney Airport team delivering Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport, the lynchpin of the extraordinary transformation currently underway to develop Sydney’s third city and Aerotropolis.
One of the largest infrastructure projects underway in Australia, Western Sydney International will open to international, domestic and air cargo services in late 2026 and will eventually grow to be one of Australia’s biggest gateways to the world.
We are building WSI for our future generations. It is today’s students that will become the travellers, operators, and partners of this thriving airport community in the years to come. Partnering with these students today aims to ensure we are building an environment that aligns with their values and needs, while helping them thrive in their future careers.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student application webform and please specify CODE0018b.