About the placement
You will assist in the design of automation and process flows for a new automated manufacturing facility. The project is working towards delivery of high efficiencies necessary for the FMCG sector and will encourage onshoring of manufacturing. Working with an experienced team, you will make contribution towards automation system design and specifications as well as liaise with suppliers to inform costs and refine project scope and to then complete a report for management to execute.
- Start date: ASAP
- Working arrangement: Part-time as agreed by student and Industry Partner.
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with the Industry Partner.
- Location: Ingleburn NSW
- A strong working knowledge of robotics
- Knowledge of automation lines
- CAD skills desirable
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
About the Industry Partner
Wellman Packaging is a leading Australian manufacturer of rigid plastics packaging for fast moving consumer goods. The business produces plastic caps, closures, thin-walled tubs & lids, PET preforms via injection moulding, bottles via extrusion blow moulding (e.g. HDPE, LDPE and PP bottles) as well as stretch blow moulding (e.g. PET bottles). Based in Ingleburn NSW and features an internationally certified, food grade facility employing 35 staff and an in-house design department.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE 0024a.