About the placement
You will work with an experienced team of engineers and experience what a career in engineering can look like for you. You will work on current projects, reviewing the scope of work and documents. You will attend site visits and prepare engineering designs in accordance with Australian Standards and council guidelines. Throughout your placement you will be assisted and guided by principal engineers and learn firsthand from their experience.
- Start date: December
- Working arrangement: Part time over 3 months
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with the Industry Partner, Horizon Engineers
- Location: Parramatta, NSW
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge in Structural Engineering
- Basic knowledge in hydraulic engineering
- Basic understanding of working within Australian standards
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
About the industry partner
Horizon Engineers is a multi-discipline engineering firm that prides itself on quality and improvements. They have engineered their company to reach new ‘Horizons’ by consistently refining and enhancing all aspects of the business. This includes internal processes & procedures, technology, and most importantly quality systems.
Horizon Engineers contributes to the career development of new engineers. By training junior engineers during the initial industrial hours’ placement, and continuously building them up to the skill set necessary for an undergraduate position. Once they have completed their study or graduated, they have the skill set and experience to design and complete projects with confidence.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE0032a.