About the placement
This internship is with Kooba Ag and is facilitated by the CSIRO’s Generation STEM Links program.
You will work with an experienced team to monitor the health, growth, yield and condition of a commercial almond orchard. You will gain valuable experience in pest scouting, assessment and crop monitoring. You will learn how to assess the harvest, gaining experience in measuring moisture content, nut size and quality. You will also gain hands on experience into how commercial agriculture manages sustainable practices in irrigation.
As you learn more about the crop you will contribute to the development of technical plans and quality assurance procedures, helping you to develop your skills in management and leadership.
This role has the potential for long term employment.
- Start date: Summer placement available.
- Working arrangement: Full Time for 200 hours with a possibility of extension.
- Remuneration: Temporary contract at casual rates with Kooba Ag.
- Location: Whitton, NSW
- Studying a Bachelor in Agriculture, Agricultural Science or other equivalent qualification.
- Passion for Horticulture.
- Understanding of data analysis.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Good communication.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
About the industry partner
Kooba is a leading Australian agribusiness company with a rich and diverse history. We are involved in a wide range of activities which includes irrigated row cropping, horticulture, livestock, and apiary operations. We have always maintained a strong connection to the land and Australia’s agricultural industry which is now the platform for our company.
Our operations are based primarily along the Murrumbidgee River and cover over 40,000 hectares of prime irrigated land. Our main operations are based near Darlington Point in the Riverina, NSW.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE00049a.