About the placement
This internship is with Orica and is facilitated by the CSIRO’s Generation STEM Links program.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to put your science skills to use in a practical setting. As a Lab/Research Intern, you will work closely with a dynamic team of professionals to conduct various lab tests, primarily focused on assessing the performance of new composite materials for electronics devices. In addition to your lab responsibilities, you'll have the opportunity to assist with sourcing materials for composites used in new products. You will also play a key role in documenting and reporting findings for presentation to the team and stakeholders.
This role offers a unique chance to gain practical experience, improve your lab skills, and contribute to our innovative and dynamic team.
- Start date: Late November to December
- Working arrangement: Casual, for a minimum of 200 hours.
- Remuneration: $31.50/hour on a casual employment contract with Orica
- Location: Kurri Kurri
- Currently studying an undergraduate degree in Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in report writing.
- Basic lab skills and the ability to follow lab protocols.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
- Be able to wear protective clothing and equipment including a respirator when required.
About the industry partner
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation, and reimagining the way we work.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE0063G