About the placement
This internship is with Tyrex Solutions PTY. LIMITED and is facilitated by the CSIRO’s Generation STEM Links program.
As a Project Analyst Intern you will gain hands-on experience in two critical projects vital to manufacturing efficiency.
Initially you will be involved in hands on data collection. You will be revisiting and refining the foundational data concerning raw material usage and labour times for Tyrex Solutions PTY. LIMITED’s product line, where weight and labour minutes play a pivotal role in cost determination.
You will assist in assessing labour times through regression equations to ensure alignment with contemporary manufacturing practices. From here, you will be helping to determine an average wastage percentage of raw materials.
You will assist in collecting data on raw material wastage and work on benchmarking and developing practical solutions to minimise waste and enhance resource efficiency.
- Start date: January 2024
- Working arrangement: Full Time or Part time for a minimum of 200 hours on a fixed term contract.
- Opportunity for hybrid working and ongoing work.
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with Tyrex Solutions PTY. LIMITED
- Location: Cardiff, NSW, 2285
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or related disciplines.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools and software.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of regression analysis and statistical techniques.
- Knowledge on the use of Microsoft Power Bi is desirable.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
About the industry partner
The business of Tyrex Solutions Pty Limited (“Tyrex”) was originally established in 1990, by Peter Wilson, Peter Cross and David Turrell who had the vision of using rubber from tyres that would otherwise be disposed of as land fill and recycling the rubber into a range of products.
Today Tyrex is the leader in the niche market of manufacturing a range of products that assist the elderly and people with physical disabilities to live independently.
As well as manufacturing a range of standard products, it also has the ability to design and manufacture customised products to meet the specific needs of its customers.
Tyrex supplies its products throughout Australia and it has in the past also exported to New Zealand.
The company manufacturers its products in Australia using local workers from a diverse background, its manufacturing facilities have been located in Cardiff NSW since the inception of the business.
Providing environmental sustainability solutions for landfill and environmental waste problems is what drives Tyrex innovation and its business practices.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE0068a