About the placement
This internship is with Manildra Group and is facilitated by the CSIRO’s Generation STEM Links program.
You will have the opportunity to work within the field of Fermentation Studies with a focus on process optimisation and new developments. You will be involved in research to enhance the efficiency of fermentation systems, considering chemical, microbial, and processing requirements to improve yields and processes.
This is not a traditional research lab; it's a hands-on environment where every task has a real impact. As an intern you can expect to engage in activities such as collecting samples and more practical work. The specific project or tasks you will be working can be tailored to meet your skill set, interests, and degree.
- Start date: Flexible start date (December to February start options)
- Working arrangement: Full Time or Part time for 200 hours on a fixed term contract
- Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with Manildra Group
- Location: Bomaderry, NSW, 2541
- The placement is open to undergraduate students studying a broad range of degrees such Chemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Chemical engineering, Materials science, or other related degrees
- Creativity, adaptability, and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to conduct experiments, generate data, and analyse the results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
About the industry partner
Manildra Group is a 100 per cent Australian family-owned international agribusiness, uniquely integrated to add value to sustainable Australian agricultural products; develop, manufacture and deliver innovative products – unrivalled in quality and value – for global markets; and support rural Australian communities where they operate. Their state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, help make our Australian-made ingredients the product of choice around the globe.
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE0074