Students who are participating in maths programs such as but not limited to PRIME Futures are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for this award the nominee has to:
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be enrolled in years 5-9 at school
- be able to demonstrate engagement and improvement in mathematics
- be able to demonstrate how they have used mathematics to solve a real-life problem or to complete a real-life investigation
- be able to demonstrate passion in mathematics (please note, this criterion must be answered by the student themselves and must include why they like mathematics and any involvement in extra-curricular activities)
The prize for these awards is $1250 per winner.
Applications for Indigenous STEM Awards will open again in 2021.