The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student Maths Award recognises students who have shown a passion, engagement and improvement in mathematics as well as demonstrating how they have used mathematics to solve a real-life problem. Two winners will be awarded.
Students who are participating in maths programs such as but not limited to PRIME Futures are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for this award the nominee has to:
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be enrolled in years 5-9 at school
- be able to demonstrate engagement and improvement in mathematics
- be able to demonstrate how they have used mathematics to solve a real-life problem or to complete a real-life investigation
- be able to demonstrate passion in mathematics (please note, this criterion must be answered by the student themselves and must include why they like mathematics and any involvement in extra-curricular activities)
The prize for these awards is $1250 per winner.
Applications for Indigenous STEM Awards will open again in 2021.