About the placement
This internship is with Zondii and is facilitated by the CSIRO's Generation STEM Links program.
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with an experienced team and contribute to innovative projects aimed at improving agricultural practices, sustainability, and productivity in Australia. This internship offers valuable resources, opportunities, and hands-on experience, enabling you to apply and enhance the skills and knowledge you are acquiring through your university studies.
- Collaboration with team members on various projects related to innovation in the agricultural sector
- Assist in collecting and analysing data from various sources including trials, experiments, and on-farm data. I.e., scanning wool with technology
- Help maintain detailed records of experiments, data analyses, and research findings.
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate results effectively.
- Assist in conducting research and analysis on industry trends, market opportunities, and competitor activities.
- Provide general administrative support to the team as needed.
Start date: January/ February
Working arrangement: Full Time or Part time for 200 hours on a fixed term contract possibility of ongoing employment for right candidate
Remuneration: $25/hour on a temporary contract with Zondii
Location: Armidale NSW 2350
- Currently enrolled in an area, such as Agriculture, Agribusiness or similar.
- A strong interest in agriculture and technology, with a desire to make a positive impact on the industry.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis tools and software (e.g., Excel) is a plus.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability for the specified duration of the internship.
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate qualification.
About the industry partner
Zondii is an Agtech technology company unlocking the true value of fibre and food using a handheld or smartphone device. Our first commercial application is wool – using a hand-held device farmers can find out the micron of their wool and make decisions that increase sustainability of their farm.
To learn more, head to https://zondii.com/
If you are interested in this internship, please submit your EOI and CV online through the Student Application webform and please specify CODE0067.