About this event
Strength-based learning has developed in other disciplines, such as health and psychology, but it’s only relatively recently started to be used in education.
21st Century skills are important underlying aspects for STEM subjects and beyond. Strength-based learning focusses on developing these skills.
This educator workshop focuses on what strength-based learning is and how bringing it into your classroom can lead to, not only deeper authentic learning, but also greater inclusion for all students.
In this workshop you will:
- explore the concepts of strength-based learning and a Growth Mindset in education
- share your experiences with student-led learning
- take home strategies to implement in your classroom straight away.
Date and time
Tuesday, 24 October 2023
Online, interactive, small group, professional learning workshop.
- Strength-based learning and how it can be used effectively in education.
- How strength-based learning leads to deeper learning outcomes and greater inclusion in the classroom
- The importance of ‘21st century skills’ in all disciplines.
- Real world examples of student-led learning shared by educators and the workshop facilitator.
Who is this event designed for?