CSIRO continues to support fire authorities to predict, manage and assess the impacts of bushfires.
For information about our work and resources, go to Bushfire Research section.
Areas covered include:
- development of fire data analysis tools
- disaster management
- understanding and predicting bushfire behaviour
- impact of bushfires on infrastructure
- ecological responses to fire
- Indigenous fire knowledge
- pollutants and greenhouse gases as a result of bushfires
- building community resilience
- reducing impacts in the face of disasters
- impact of climate change on bushfire risk
For bushfire media inquiries contact Huw Morgan on either 0417 834 547 or email email@example.com