Applications are now closed.
Innovate to Grow: Space is being delivered with thanks to the Australian Space Agency.
This 10-week course is for small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups who want to explore new R&D opportunities for their space sector solutions.
Innovate to Grow is a self-paced and virtually-delivered program to boost innovation performance of SMEs in high priority sectors.
SMEs will be connected to innovation facilitators and mentors, as well as research and industry experts from across the Space sector.
SMEs eligible for Innovate to Grow: Space may be working in categories such as;
- Small satellite technologies
- Resource utilisation
- Remote operations and robotics
- Communications and tracking
- Earth observation
- Deep space CubeSats
- Microgravity science and humans in space
This program is designed for SMEs who are either interested in understanding their R&D opportunities or are in the early decision-making stages about engaging in an R&D project with a research organisation.
Each program will bring together SMEs and industry experts from a specific industry sector.
Practera’s online, ed-tech platform and facilitation services are used to deliver CSIRO Innovate to Grow.
The 10-week course is self-paced and is delivered in three phases.
Phase 1: Program preparation
- Participants will be provided with an on-boarding session, pre-workshop videos, materials and questionnaires to assist in preparing for the program
- Time commitment is approximately two hours
Phase 2: Compulsory Half-day workshop
- The program’s main compulsory component is a half-day workshop covering the program concept. Participants will hear from CSIRO industry and research experts as well as relevant industry SMEs. Key topics include trends within your industry sector, a panel discussion with collaborating SMEs, and current funding opportunities for accessing R&D.
- Time commitment is approximately 4.5 hours
Phase 3: Self-paced 60 day online program
- Participants will work through the online innovation program at their own pace using templates provided
- Professional feedback will be provided on deliverables submitted
- A mentor from CSIRO or participating universities to facilitate research connections to discuss ideas
- Optional fortnightly webinars on topics such as how to write a funding proposal and expert insights into your industry
- Final wrap-up session
- Time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per week
Participants will walk away from the program with a suite of tools to enable ongoing innovation planning in their business, including:
- Innovation Value Template to define innovation opportunities and assess their business value
- Business Case Template to assess and compare innovation opportunities for your business
- Funding Plan Template to understand key data and funding requirements, and prepare for a funding application
- Detailed Project Budgeting and ROI Calculation Templates